Please allow plenty of time to complete the security checks prior to entering the departures area. The following hints should help you to speed up the process and ensure you get to your gate on time.
Before The Airport
- Keep your carry on luggage to an absolute minimum.
One bag should be enough to carry the items you will need on board. Pack as
much as possible into your checked in baggage.
- Do not pack or bring prohibited items to the airport.
Please read the Permitted and Prohibited Items list displayed on your ticket
or at the check-in counter (see also below for list of Prohibited Items which
cannot be taken on board with you).
- Refrain from taking wrapped presents to the airport.
If the package alarms, it will need to be unwrapped to investigate the source
of the alarm.
- Avoid wearing shoes, clothing, jewellery, and
accessories that contain metal. Please pack these items in your carry-on
- Carry-on baggage is limited to one carry-on bag plus
one personal item. Personal items include laptops, purses, small backpacks,
briefcases, or camera cases.
- Place identification tags in and on all of your baggage.
At The Airport
- Put permitted metal items IN your carry-on bag. This
includes jewellery, loose change, keys, mobile phones, pagers, and palm top
- At the passenger screening checkpoint please take OUT
your laptop computer and place it in the tray provided, separate from its
- Take off your outer coat and place it in the tray provided.
The following is a list of Prohibited Items which cannot be carried on board with you, either in your carry-on baggage or on your person. These items will be confiscated at the security screening point and will not be returned to you. Any such items should be packed in your check-in luggage beforehand.
List of Prohibited Items:
- Toy or Replica Guns
- Paper Knives
- Tradesman’s Tools
- Scissors of any size
- Steel Nail Files
- Knitting Needles
- Knives with blades of any length
- Razor Blades
- Hypodermic Syringes
- Corkscrews with Blades attached
- Sporting Bats and Clubs
- Billiard, Snooker or Pool Cues
- Household Cutlery
Please note that this list is not definitive. If you have any concern that an item you are carrying may not be allowed in the aircraft cabin, please place this in your hold luggage.
The carriage of hypodermic syringes will be allowed where proof of medical need can be provided.